Which PD option should I choose?
We offer lots of choices, so it's easy to become a little confused on what the best option might be. It really depends on your needs and what you're looking for. Here's how we break it down:
1. If you have no budget, we recommend you start with one of our free workshops. This will give you a good idea of whether we're the right fit for your preferred learning style and interests.
2. If you only need a few PD hours, enjoy learning on your own or only want to learn about one specific topic (like arts integration or classroom management), browse our online courses. Pick one that's right for you. You can start and finish anytime, and you'll have access to the course for life.
3. If you like having the flexibility to learn on your own OR live with a group of people, and you're looking for a bunch of new ideas to use in your classroom, check out our online conference. The on-demand version allows you to view and download everything on your own time. The live option lets you chat with other teachers online. And the variety of sessions will give you an inspirational boost. This conference comes with 10 PD hours and lifetime access.
4. If you want to access ALL the things - courses, conference, a video library of arts integration and STEAM in action in real classrooms, curriculum for your students and a full resource library of downloadables - you'll want to select the Accelerator members area. This membership gives you access to everything we have, along with live video coaching, a community network, and unlimited PD hours. It's by far the most affordable option if you want everything we offer. It's $225/year.
5. If you're serious about arts integration and want to get certified in the approach, you should apply to the online Arts Integration Specialist Certificate Program. This accreditation-pending program is a year-long intensive learning experience. You'll be assigned a cohort and mentor and move through a carefully-designed curriculum of study meant to challenge and support you in becoming a certified arts integration specialist. This program has limited availability and is through an application-only process. Applications open between February and March each year, but people who sign up for the waitlist receive early priority application status.